• A “dollar date” is another great way to get close together without sacrificing a credit card. Select a set amount of money, between one to five dollars, and head to the grocery store. Have each of you come up with a main dish, appetizer, drinks, and dessert without going over (if possible).
• Renting a movie is quite cheap these days, especially with the one-dollar rentals. Sometimes, however, just talking about movies is better than watching them. Go to a video rental store and pick through each movie, talking about whether you’ve seen it or not, whether you’ve wanted to see it, or if you remember it being terrible. Often you will laugh out loud at the memory of dud flicks.
• Any park offers a bevy of things to do, and many parks are nicely decorated and filled with activities. Bring a picnic lunch, toss around a Frisbee, do your best to fit through a slide or hang on to monkey bars. If there is anyone around the basketball or tennis courts, challenge them to a couple’s duel — you may make a friend or two. Bring water balloons if you are not afraid of getting wet.
• Teach your girlfriend or boyfriend something that they do not know. Go to nearby historical buildings or planetariums to engage their imagination. Explain your curiosities and questions, and discuss how you both perceive the world. Use it as an opportunity to talk about your dreams and your future.
• Volunteering is an excellent way to spend time together without spending a cent. You can volunteer at a senior center, an animal shelter and at a local library. You get to meet people while you spend time together and give back to the community.
• A last idea is to put all these ideas in a hat and have your date draw one out.
Incoming search terms:
- couples on a date (12)